Hello all,

I am currently working on a development project for a web system using
Struts 1.2.9. It is a fairly large system that has been under development
for more than three years now.

During the code-test-and-debug cycle we are forced to restart the server
several times, and we have noticed that reading the XML configuration files
is what takes most of the time ( struts-config.xml, validation.xml and
tiles-defs.xml), approximately 30 secs.

These files are pretty stable now, so having to pay the price to parse the
XML every time seems unnecessary. I was wondering if there is an approach to
configure a Struts application using code instead of XML files. Has anyone
bumped into this problem before?
Is there a tool to transform a Struts/Tiles/Validator XML file into a Java
class that produces the same configuration? I could not find anything in the
documentation.

Thanks in advance,
Tomas