hi,

Just couple of ideas :)

If it is a lightweight object then you could serialize it and encode it into the URL i.e. GET you can then use the attribute <includeParams="get"> and S2 will keep reposting the same serialized value parameter over and over as part of the request.

Probably a cleaner solution IMHO would be using interceptors and again serializing the object into file system/ or Database and reloading and injecting it to all relevant actions when needed.

But then if it is a lightweight object what's the big deal to put it in the session?

HTH,
regards,
Giovanni

Markus Demetz wrote:
Hi all!

I'm looking for a convenience way to keep an Object over a single request. I know that i could put it into the session and remove it afterwards, but is there another way to handle this, without needing to remove it explicitely?

For those who know Symfony (php framework) there is a setFlash(..) method which keeps objects alive over a request and deletes them afterwards.
Is there something similar in Struts (ver.1) or some approach?

Thank you, Markus