Dave Newton wrote:
<result name="success" type="redirectAction">
   <param name="actionName">mySuccess</param>
   <param name="fooId">${fooId}</param>
   <param name="barId">${barId}</param>
</result>

Arguably, yes, and for a couple of reasons. Off the
top of my head I don't recall what will happen if the
param isn't found, though (or is null, etc.)

From reading the code it adds "&param=" even if the param has no value, which differs from the result of the OGNL code from which this was translated...
...if there were a flag to control that I might use this...
...any struts committers reading this: If I provided a patch for an extra specially named parameter like "supressEmptyParameters" that did just what you'd expect, what are the chances that someone would commit it?

-Dale