Hi everyone.
I'm using Struts2, and i'm trying to create a custom error page.

The default Tomcat error page show something like this:

_____________________
HTTP Status 500
type Exception report
message
it from fulfilling this request.
exception javax.servlet.ServletException: java.lang.NullPointerException
... (full stack trace)
root cause java.lang.NullPointerException
... (full stack trace)
___________________

I searched on google about creating custom error page.
And I have found to do something like this:

___________________
Exception Type: <%=
request.getAttribute("javax.servlet.error.exception_type") %><br />
Error Message: <%= request.getAttribute("javax.servlet.error.message") %><br />
Request URI: <%=
request.getAttribute("javax.servlet.error.request_uri") %><br />

Throwable e = (Throwable) request.getAttribute("javax.servlet.error.exception");

if (e instanceof ServletException) {
// ...
    } else {
// ..
    }
The problem is that I always get the "root cause" and I have not found
any way to get the "ServletException" that has a different stacktrace
from the "root cause".
Is this related to Struts2? Where can i found the ServletException? in
which attribute?

Thank you.