xianwinwin wrote:
I would like to validate if the user has entered a valid email.
for this I have the method

        @TypeConversion(converter =
"com.utilities.conversion.EmailTypeConversion")
        public void setEmail(String email) {
                this.email = email;
        }

the conversion (where I'm a bit perplexed) is:

..
..
        @Override
        public String convertToString(Map context, Object o)
        {
                System.out.println("hey - I'm checking the convert to
string!!!");
                 boolean isEmailValid =
ValidateEmail.isEmailValid(values[0]);
                //what comes here????? ??
        }

assuming the  isEmailValid is false, how can I advise that the validation
failed?
thanks

Why are you trying to do validation with a type converter? If you want to validate that the user has entered a valid email, use validation -- specifically, the email validator:

http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/validation.html
http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/email-validator.html

L.