Basically I am creating a page that contains a select box.
When the user changes the selected item, it is redirected to an URL.
The value of each item in the select box corresponds to the URL of the
current page but with different values for the action's parameters
(passed in the query string).

That's why I am falling back to Servlet spec :)
Of course, I gladly accept suggestions for a more elegant solution.

for now httpservlet request has what I need,
HttpServletRequest req = ServletActionContext.getRequest();

cheers

On Jan 23, 2008 5:20 PM, Dave Newton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> --- Filipe David Manana <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > is there anyway to get, from within an Action's code, a string with
> > the full URL for that action (including query string with current
> > value of the parameters) ?
> > I already took a look at ActionSupport, ActionContext and
> > ActionInvocation javadoc, but nothing there fits my needs.
>
> Get it from the request.
>
> Including a query string means you're already tied to the servlet spec (I
> think); actions are supposed to be isolated from that level of granularity,
> so requiring the query string pretty much implies you're breaking that
> isolation.
>
> d.

Filipe David Manana,
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Obvious facts are like secrets to those not trained to see them.