I think you'll find this happens will all the result types and not just the chart result. If you have additional info in the result config as parameters, it will try to set is on the result type, fail with an exception, and then set it correctly on the action.

As to a resolution... as both result types and action can take parameters from the config, what is the best way to differentiate them without making the config more complicated?

/Ian

--
Ian Roughley
From Down & Around, Inc.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I understand the quirky plug-in, but that does not explain why OGNL is
looking for a setHeight(String) on ChartResult!  If I hardcode ints into
these two parms, life is good.  I am puzzled at why S2 is not executing
getHeight() on my ChartAction and substituting the height and weight into
these params.

Can you look at this
<http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/result-configuration.html>and tell me how
the two differ?