hi,

Indeed, as Dave pointed out that answer is confusing. I had the same issue as the OP and have not been able to find a working solution, at least not for S 2.1.x Unfortunately not even the opposite settings of what is suggested works in S 2.1.x for entering free time without this 5 minute granularity constraint.

There is an open JIRA ticket describing precisely this problem:

regards,
Giovanni

Dave Newton wrote:
--- "Rose India (http://www.roseindia.net)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
A small change is required to get the desired output.
You can find answer here at
http://www.roseindia.net/answers/viewanswers/29.html with source code.

This link is to a post with the **opposite** requirement of the question
being asked: the question was how do I **allow** editing via the textfield.
This link answers (or may answer, anyway) the question of how to **only**
allow editing via the popup. That's backwards.

I guess I'd prefer it if, when you attempted to answer questions, you just
posted an answer, rather than constantly trying to drive traffic to your
site.

Dave