If I understand you correctly, You could write you own submit
function(s) that does its own ajax with dojo

function submitFunctionA() {

  var kw = {
                url:    '<s:url action="myAction"/>',
                load:    function(type, data, evt) {
                            //up to you what happens here
                        },
                method: "POST",

                error: function(type, data, evt){
                    //error
                }
            };

            dojo.io.bind(kw);

So you could have each of your submit buttons call their own function
and forget about the form