Hi,

I have a field in my jsp page to enter emailaddress. Inorder to validate it
i have used the<field-validator type="email"> but its not validating.Its
only validating for strings(type=requiredstring) and if type="required"  and
page is submitting .What may b the reason?
            Also,If I have inserted details into the database with a
particular primary key value.I should not again insert the same id and shud
throw a custom validation msg that "UserId already registered".How to throw
custom validations in struts2?

Thanks.