If the disable attribute is present in a HTML tag it will be disable,
no matter what the value of the attribute is.

So if I have a s:select and I say disabled="false"  it will be
disabled (renders disabled="disabled").

But if we have a text, and we set readonly="false" it will not be editable.

On my page my action determines my users access level - fullAccess
(user can edit anything) or partialAccess (user can edit certian
fields but see the other fields)

I have a text field set up like this s:textfield
readonly="%{fullAccess}".  which works fine.

But s:select disabled="%{fullAccess}" does not work.

I tried this <s:select <s:if test="!fullAccess">disabled="true"</sif>
/>  But the s:if tag is causing a syntax error.

The only solution I came up with was

 <s:if test="!fullAccess">
     <s:select disabed="true" .......
</s:if>
<s:else>
   <s:select  .......
</s:else>

So I have 2 s:selects  and s:radios for every radio/select

I would prefer to have it like the textfields so I dont have to have 2
pieces of code for each select and radio.

I figured i could do an <if> around a <script> block at the bottom of
the page and disable them with javascript but that might be a little
confusing for future coders who have to work on this.

Can anyone think of a good way to achieve this?

Thanks,

Rich