Thanks Jeromy and Lukasz!

I could manage to get the field specific error messages using :

<s:fielderror>

<s:param>firstName</s:param>

</s:fielderror>

I have a new problem, when validating the page I get error messages as
desired.

Eg: Mandatory field validation gives out message saying "Field is
mandatory".

But when I enter the value in the textbox and click submit again, the
validation error for next is displayed correctly but entered value
disappears in the textbox which is abnormal .

Why is this happening ? Please help me understand.

Thanks,
Tauri