Dave Newton on 31/03/08 18:42, wrote:
--- Adam Hardy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I need to test an action that is getting uploaded files and piping them
straight into Strings. I don't want to save actual files on server, so I'll

get the multipart request wrapper directly.

What, specifically, are you trying to test?

I ask because I've never had any particular reason to test file uploads
inside the container, because the container itself should have already tested
that and verified its operations. Everything else I've ever done with files
has been testable outside the container.

The action has to get strings out of the request, work out which file they are from and call the appropriate managers, with the corresponding string as a request. There's logic in the action that basically has nothing to do with how the container handles it (I hope).