> You're not relating the fields to the students collection in any way.
>
> You'd need a collection of students in your action (probably mapped by
> ID),
> and each field would use something like "student[id].firstname" as the
> field
> name.
>
> The code you've provided (below) will just create a bunch of fields named
> "lastName", "firstName", etc. rather than being associated with your
> "students" set.
>
> Dave

I was curious about that. The code snippet I provided does actually
properly prefill the text fields from the proper members of the set as
long as the text field name matches the string fields of the Student
object.

However, as you indicated, once filled, there was no connection to the set.

I think I understand now. That being said, by using the
"setname[id].fieldname" format above, would I simply be able to access the
entire set in the following Action by a getter and setter with a like
named set (i.e. "setname")?

--Jared