OK thanks guys.

One area where S1 actually had the upper hand :(

Dave Newton on 08/04/08 18:36, wrote:
The built-in type converter uses "uses the SHORT format for the Locale
associated with the current request" according to the type conversion docs,
so yes, you'll need to do your own if you're using a different input format.

Looking through the XWork conversion code it's hard for me to tell what it's
*actually* doing, though :/

Dave

--- Brad A Cupit <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

JSTL has the <fmt:formatDate> tag. If you want to do it in Java, rather
than your JSP, you can use SimpleDateFormat.

Be aware that SimpleDataFormat is not thread safe, so don't assign it to a
static field or use it in a singleton. If you use it as an instance field
on an Action you'll be safe, since Actions are created per request.

If you want a thread safe version of SimpleDateFormat, Jakarta Commons lang
has FastDateFormat: http://commons.apache.org/lang/

Brad Cupit
Louisiana State University - UIS
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]