Toni,

Can you post your updated action config and the full stack trace here, there may be something simple we can spot before needing to log a bug.

Al.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Toni Lyytikäinen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, April 18, 2008 2:28 PM
Subject: Re: Converting action configuration from 2.0 to 2.1 - how to convert parameters to actions

Yes I forgot to mention in the original post that I already changed the
"redirect-action" to "redirectAction" as per the migration guide here:

http://cwiki.apache.org/S2WIKI/troubleshooting-guide-migrating-from-struts-20x-to-21x.html

On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 4:26 PM, Dave Newton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I'm confused; I didn't think "redirect-action" would even work; that
result
type isn't mapped in 2.1 and you should get an exception stating exactly
that.

Dave

--- Jukka Välimaa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> For Struts 2.1.1, use type="redirectAction" instead of
> type="redirect-action". I just had the pleasure of debugging some
problems
> caused by it.
> On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 4:12 PM, Don Brown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> > Hmm...what should happen is those exceptions should be logged as a
> > warn, but the process should continue like normal.  If that isn't the
> > case, definitely file a bug and put it against 2.1.2
> >
> > Don
> >
> > On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 11:11 PM, Toni Lyytikäinen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > >  I'm in the process of converting a Struts 2.0.11 application to
Struts
> > >  2.1.1, and ran into some trouble concerning the action result
> > configuration
> > >  in struts.xml. Basically this is what I had in 2.0.11:
> > >
> > >  <result name="edit" type="redirect-action">
> > >   <param name="actionName">Users_edit</param>
> > >   <param name="parse">true</param>
> > >   <param name="name">${user.username}</param>
> > >  </result>
> > >
> > >  This resulted in an url like http://.../Users_edit.action?name=toni
> > >
> > >  But for 2.1.1 this approach isn't working, as it throws an
exception:

> > >  There was an exception while instantiating the result of type
> > >  org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.ServletActionRedirectResult
> > >  Caught OgnlException while setting property 'name' on type
> > >  'org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.ServletActionRedirectResult'. -
Class: