From looking at the struts2 architecture, one of the big questions that I can't find the answer to is how struts/xwork moves objects such as the properties on an action into the PageContext.

When an interceptor is executing for example, calling ServletActionContext.getPageContext() will return null until the action has been invoked.

Invoking the action also executes the Result, so the JSP is called and the PageContext is created.

But how does struts do that? I've got a feeling my knowledge of the Servlet Container could be better :(

Thanks for any info,
regards
Adam