Vinay Nagrik wrote:
[...]

What is the meaning of prefix  and uri="/struts-tags" % and if I can look at
this file/page.
[...]

If you aren't familiar with Servelts, Java Server Pages and Java web application development in general, I strongly recommend starting with a good tutorial on those topics before getting into Struts. The Struts documentation generally assumes you understand these technologies, at least the basics.

Similarly in struts.xml file I came across

<package name="default" extends="struts-default">

And once again where can I find the configuration of struts-defautl package.

As Jim said, you can find that in the struts-defaults.xml in the Struts jar. It is also included in the main documentation [1] under Configuration => struts-default.xml [2].

L.

[1] http://struts.apache.org/2.0.11/docs/guides.html
[2] http://struts.apache.org/2.0.11/docs/guides.html