From: Michael Gagnon [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, May 09, 2008 11:36 AM
To: user@struts.apache.org
Subject: 2 Dimensional arrays?

Is it possible to get back 2D arrays from a form?

I want to be able to have a table with some number of rows. Each row has
'grouping' field which the user can enter a number in. Each row will
also
have a dynamic 'foo' column which will have a button to add additional
'foo'
values. Some javascript will drop in new 'foo' textfields on a given row
whenever that row's button is clicked.

I want to be able to collect an int[] grouping array, which is straight
forward. Iterating over a collection to create textfields will let me
get an
int[] in my action which will be the list of groupings indexed by row
(so
grouping[0] yields the entered value for the first row, grouping[3]
yields
the entered value for the fourth row, etc.)

I also want to be able to collect an int[][] foo array. This should be
an
int[] array of foo values indexed by row. This is less straightforward
and
I'm not sure how to approach this. Are there any sorts of similar
examples
to this floating around?

--
This message may contain confidential, proprietary, or legally privileged
information. No confidentiality or privilege is waived by any transmission to

This message does not create any obligation, contractual or otherwise, on the
part of KBC FP. It is not an offer (or solicitation of an offer) of, or a
recommendation to buy or sell, any financial product. Any prices or other
values included in this message are indicative only, and do not necessarily
represent current market prices, prices at which KBC FP would enter into a
transaction, or prices at which similar transactions may be carried on KBC FP's
own books. The information contained in this message is provided "as is",
without representations or warranties, express or implied, of any kind. Past
performance is not indicative of future returns.