I am very excited that I've just received my copy :) You guys Don, Scott and Chad did an excellent job. I specially like very much the coverage of core topics of the framework e.g. the explanation on writing custom validators for which there is not so much online documentation. I yesterday ended up looking in a WW article for a concise explanation on this topic but it was outdated for S2 ... today I have the book :)

What I like the most though is that this is the first Struts 2 book that manages to be truly S2 version unspecific. I was afraid to receive just another S2 book that would automatically become outdated but for Struts 2 in Action it is absolutely not the case. On the other hand, and as a trade-off you find no info about some plugins shipped with Struts 2 e.g. dojo but then maybe it was a bit out of scope. I think overall the scope of this book is excellent and will be relevant for all 2.x versions to come :)

If I were asked I would like to see/find in the market books strictly dedicated to:

- Explaining all S2 key plugins e.g. dojo, REST, Code behind etc.
- Maybe another book dedicated solely to explaining how best using/integrating AJAX toolkits with S2: YUI, DWR, dojo

Excellent job!

Best regards,
Giovanni