If you want to implement a full-blown security scheme like Spring Security,
there are ways to do it.  If you don't (and that is understandable), you're
going to need to track whether or not a given user is already logged in, at
the application level.

One solution, which is absolutely quick-and-dirty, and undoubtedly NOT a
best practice, would be to stash a Set of userids in the application scope,
using the ApplicationAware interface, and then compare the user who's trying
to log in to that set of userids.  The complexity you'll get there is
removing the userid from the application scope when the user's session times
out or he logs out.

jk