The key(s) can be a single key per day/week/month. The date of the cookie generation can be included and the relevant key looked up.

The problem with MD5 is it's one way so I'd have to have either a search and match algorithm, or a database of MD5ed text to user mappings. With AES I can extract the user ID and a check that the password hasn't changed from the cookie itself by decrypting the cookie data.

Al.

Lukasz Lenart wrote:
Hi,