Dimitris Mouchritsas on 01/07/08 16:50, wrote:

Yes, for Struts 1.3.8, sorry I forgot to mention. Actually what I did (but
it's more or less specific for the action) is to just forward, not redirect.
But I've got another question now? Is there a way I can pass a parameter in
the request? I need to pass an id for an Account when I go back to the
Prepare action. But since I'm not manipulating the url?....

And you can pass a parameter in the request if you built a new Forward based on the one you want and construct the URL manually. I dug this out of an old app:

forward = mapping.findForward(origForward);
forwardName = forward.getName();
redirect = forward.getRedirect();
//change URL if different URL given
forwardUrl = "/somewhere/else";
forwardUrl += "?" + customQueryString;
forward = new ActionForward(forwardName, forwardUrl,
    redirect);