I have a form containing text areas.  When I copy a bunch of character
data such as:
2öÂnJ1ÈÏúÄp8éÎdìåmðh4uæEÍÉieÔWán2ÅìbØÉÅÀ1JÎZÏôsC5LòÚAPúÜaÃÙPC5üÆCJWCOzùÙtÒQqùét

into the text are, it displays normally.  When I save the data, the
database stores the characters properly, when the data returns to the
s:textarea I displays with ?? replacing some characters.

I can't figure out where this is happening.  When I write the data out
to the page as text it all displays properly. When I initially paste
it into the textarea it displays correctly, so my browser supports the
character set (ISO-8859-1 or Latin-1).  It's only when it comes from
the database to the textarea that the characters do not display.  And
I verified that the database can handle the characters and that they
are stored correctly.

This causes a problem when the user saves the second time, the ? get
saved in the db as ?.

Any ideas as to what is happening or how to fix it?

Thank you,

Rich