So I tried the "param." access path last night.  That wasn't working, the
documentation referenced a "parameters." instead.  I managed to get that working
with s:component, but no luck with s:include.

I don't really care if I use component versus include; however I liked the
include slightly better since I was easily able to place my jsp
fragment/component underneath WEB-INF.  When I tried using struts.ui.templateDir
to move the template directory used by s:component under WEB-INF, it appears to
break all the regular struts 2 tags.  Is there a good way of locating
application custom templates underneath WEB-INF without breaking the search path
for the existing tag/themes?

Eric