Creating a new post for a new query on struts 2 rest plugin.

In my current app ( built on struts 2.0.10), I have a custom interceptor
stack ( which is set as default-interceptor-ref ). the code looks like this:
 <package name="mydefault" extends="struts-default" namespace="/">
           <interceptor-stack name="myStack">
                <interceptor-ref name="exception">
                  true
                  WARN
                </interceptor-ref>
                <interceptor-ref name="servletConfig" />
                <interceptor-ref name="params" />
                <interceptor-ref name="conversionError" />
           </interceptor-stack>
         </interceptors>
      <default-interceptor-ref name="myStack"/>
 </package>

This custom stack prevent any http session from being created ( and hence no
JSESSIONID cookie is created).

I am trying to simulate the same for the newer code that I am writing (
based on struts 2.1.2 and rest plugin). I have the following entry in
struts.xml

<constant name="struts.codebehind.defaultPackage" value="mydefault" />
        <constant name="struts.configuration.xml.reload" value="true" />

        <constant name="struts.configuration.classpath.defaultParentPackage"
                value="mydefault" />
<package name="mydefault" extends="rest-default" namespace="/">
           <interceptor-stack name="myStack">
                <interceptor-ref name="exception">
                  true
                  WARN
                </interceptor-ref>
                <interceptor-ref name="servletConfig" />
                <interceptor-ref name="params" />
                <interceptor-ref name="conversionError" />
           </interceptor-stack>
         </interceptors>
      <default-interceptor-ref name="myStack"/>
 </package>

But this does not seem to work. When I hit any restful URL, then there is a
JSESSIONID cookie being set. Could someone point out what is wrong with the
above config ?

Thanks!