Repko, Brian wrote:
There's been no reply to this - is there something more that
I can give folks for help on this?

Sounds like a bug. This section has always seemed messy to me. There's been several changes here in the 2.1 branch.

I don't completely understand your approach, but presume you have a common base class for your actions that delegates to your TextProvider implementation instead of the default. If not, you should (replace/extend ActionSupport and delegate to your TextProvider mixin). As the action is (usually) at the top of the stack, the first TextProvider found will be your implementation of the various getText methods and you can do whatever you like before delegating to XWork. Or have I misunderstood the need?