Dave Newton wrote:
--- On Thu, 9/18/08, sajanv007 wrote:
It is a solaris box and has 16 GB memory and 4 CPU it is
high end server class machine . Some how I suspect it is the OGNL or Freemarker rendering issue.

Perhaps, but if so, I'll stick with my old dev box with a P4 and 2G running
WebSphere, because I don't see anything remotely approaching that kind of
usage. Or the T2000's used at my last job.

Same question, preferably with more info this time: what JVM, how many tags,
etc.

You may want to take this up with FreeMarker and/or whoever does your JVM.
FreeMarker/OGNL is slow, but it's not *that* slow that it'd take up 90% CPU
like that.

Dave

We also need to know if you're doing anything particularly "innovative", especially in your use of OGNL. A test case (jsp+action) would be great. I've been profiling Struts2 in YourKit lately and would be happy to probe deeper if given a concrete example of the problem.