I just tried both on my own terminal and these work just fine. Here is a layout of my war:

foo
- WEB-INF
   -lib
      struts2-core.jar (and the other 3 minimum jars you need)
   -classes
     -struts.xml
   -jsp
     -page
        -home.jsp
   -web.xml

you said you have a classpath folder?

Emil Lundberg wrote:
Yes, it is configured to intercept all requests, and I wouldn't get a Struts error message if the FilterDispatcher didn't launch, would I?

And I did post my struts.xml and the URL, but Mr. Dave didn't include it in his reply. Both http://localhost/home.action and http://localhost/random.action return the same error message, see my first post.

---classpath/struts.xml---
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE struts PUBLIC
   "-//Apache Software Foundation//DTD Struts Configuration 2.0//EN"
   "http://struts.apache.org/dtds/struts-2.0.dtd";>
<struts>
   <constant name="struts.devMode" value="true" />
   <package name="default" namespace="/" extends="struts-default">
       <action name="home" class="my.package.web.struts.action.HomeAction">
           <result>/WEB-INF/jsp/page/home.jsp</result>
       </action>
<action name="random" class="my.package.web.struts.action.HomeAction">
           <result>/WEB-INF/jsp/page/home.jsp</result>
       </action>
   </package>
</struts>
------end struts.xml------

---content/WEB-INF/web.xml---
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<web-app id="WebApp_ID" version="2.4" xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee"; xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"; xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/web-app_2_4.xsd";>
   <display-name>MyProject</display-name>
   <welcome-file-list>
       <welcome-file>index.html</welcome-file>
       <welcome-file>index.htm</welcome-file>
       <welcome-file>index.jsp</welcome-file>
       <welcome-file>default.html</welcome-file>
       <welcome-file>default.htm</welcome-file>
       <welcome-file>default.jsp</welcome-file>
   </welcome-file-list>
     <filter>
       <filter-name>struts2</filter-name>
<filter-class>org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.FilterDispatcher</filter-class>
   </filter>
   <filter-mapping>
       <filter-name>struts2</filter-name>
       <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
   </filter-mapping>
  </web-app>
---------end web.xml---------

Carlos Luis Zúñiga Sibaja wrote:
Is the Struts Dispatcher configured in your web.xml to intercept all
requests?

Carlos Luis Zúñiga Sibaja
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

divide et impera...
Alberto A. Flores wrote:
please post your struts.xml and the url you are trying to hit. Your web.xml
relevant part will also behelpful ...