Hi,

I had worked several years ago about this feature. And I had created
FormView <http://formview.sourceforge.net/index.html> project to manage
that.
FormView works with any taglib or with pur HTML because it update HTML code
on server switch configuration (eg ; remove <input > HTML code if user has
not he well role).

*FormView* is enable to update HTML generated by JSP to add, replace new
HTML content, in order to manage *state* (CREATE, UPDATE, READ...) of form
and *fields characteristics* (DATE, MAXLENGTH, REQUIRED). With FormView you
can :

   - render fields of form *according to state* by developing just *ONE JSP*
   .
   - render fields of form *according to fields characteristics* (Date,
   Required, Maxlength) by developing just *ONE JSP*.
   - *customize HTML render* which you want generate according to state and
   fields characteristics.
   - *manage your HTML field swith user role*. In according to user role,
   some HTML fields can be READ-ONLY, READ-WRITE, INVISIBLE....
   - *test your HTML rendered* without WEB Application. You can develop
   class FormViewTest and test HTML rendered with simple HTML String.

Regards Angelo