hi there!

Ok now the showcase works for me too. I think I found the cause of the
problem.

(Under Windows XP)

- If I install Tomcat under "C:\Program Files\Apache Software
Foundation\Tomcat" (as the Tomcat Windows service installer does) the NPE
occurs
- OTOH if I install Tomcat under e.g. "C:\java\Tomcat" it works fine.

It looks like the problem is due to the empty spaces in the directory
location of the configuration.

Best,
Giovanni