the assigned value to the submit button has to be unique as illustrated here
http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/multiple-submit-buttons.html

note the distinction of buttonName to compare to 'Submit' or 'Cancel'
if ("Submit".equals(buttonName))HTH
Martin
Disclaimer and confidentiality note
Everything in this e-mail and any attachments relates to the official business
of Sender. This transmission is of a confidential nature and Sender does not
endorse distribution to any party other than intended recipient. Sender does
not necessarily endorse content contained within this transmission.