Hi all,
i've been playing with terracota,
but it seems like it's just clustering jvm over many servers,
it works well, but i don't know if that will help You much with Your problem.
You can rethink a little about the problem and restate it here.
I don't know if EJB + temporary database sessions are ok or not for You,
and if they are not ok because they are traditional solution?

Best greetings,
Paweł Wielgus.