From: Paweł Wielgus [mailto:poulw...@gmail.com]
Sent: 30 March 2009 15:27
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: Localization in Struts 2.0

Hi Manoj,
when You are accesing <s:property value="title"/> You are asking for
Action.getTitle() method (or any other on the stack by that name).

Simply try s:text or read:
http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/text.html
and
http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/localization.html

Best greetings,
Paweł Wielgus.

2009/3/30 Manoj Dhore <manoj.dh...@sword-soft.com>:
> Can someone please provide me with some information about localization
> in struts 2.
>

> I am basically trying to have 2 locale : English and German for which I
> have created two different properties file. viz : index_en.properties
> and index_de.properties. I have put both these file in the same working
> directory as that for my Action class.
>

> My action class execute method is as follows :
>

> public String execute() throws Exception {
>
>        setMessage(getText(TITLE));             // TITLE is a final
> static string refering to a key in properties file
>
>        return SUCCESS;
>
>    }
>

> However when I try to access the title field in my jsp  using
> <s:property value="title"/>, it displays as title instead of the value
> of this key.
>

>  I am not sure if its able to pick up the properties files.  Any help
> would be much appreciated.
>

> Thanks in advance.
>

> Regards,
>
> Manoj
>

> _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

> intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom
> they are addressed.
> If you have received this email in error please notify the
> originator of the message. This footer also confirms that this
> email message has been scanned for the presence of computer viruses.

> sender, except where the sender specifies and with authority,
> states them to be the views of Sword Intech.
>
> Scanning of this message and addition of this footer is performed
> by Websense Email Security software in conjunction with
> virus detection software.

they are addressed.