From: Dale Newfield [mailto:d...@newfield.org]
Sent: Thursday, April 30, 2009 9:07 AM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: What is wrong with my with OGNL Map expression??

Michael Griffith wrote:
 > I have a Map<String,String> in the HttpSession  > The map is stored
in the session as an attribute named  > genieProperties...

Kishan G. Chellap Paandy wrote:
> Assuming there's an attribute with name 'mySessionAttribute' in the
> Session scope <s:property value="%{#session.mySessionAttribute}" />

Which gets you half way there.  It gets you the Map.  To get the value
you want from it, just call it's get method:

<s:property value="%{#session.genieProperties.get('url')}" />

The %{} are often left out by people, but they're critical.  That's what
says "this is an OGNL expression".  Musachy's response illustrates the
potential confusion as to what EL you're using when it's not specified.

-Dale