Unfortunately, you can't make an ajax request to the portlet. The ajax
tags are not supported in a portlet, due to limitations in the JSR168
specification. Also, I'm not quite sure what you're trying to do. Are
you attempting to load the div with Ajax with contents from a
different url? Have you considered using an iframe?

Nils-H