From: Dale Newfield [mailto:d...@newfield.org]
Sent: Thursday, November 05, 2009 10:09 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: Is there any way to apply break from a <s:iterator> tag.

Muthu Velappan wrote:
> I have a 1000 items in a collection and iterating it through <s:iterator >
> tag. At certain point of time, I would like to break from the loop with
out
> proceeding further items. Is there any way to do this in struts tags
itself
> or should I use JSTL?

If you're so inclined, it would probably be pretty easy to add this
functionality to the iterator tag, and I would guess that a patch with
that functionality would probably be accepted fairly quickly (just add
it to a JIRA ticket).  My first guess would be to add an attribute like
"break" that gets evaluated each time through the loop, potentially
terminating the iterator early (corner condition--make sure that it can
abort correctly even before the first time through the loop body).

-Dale