Hello,

I am trying to use the JSON plug-in for the first time. I have a form
that uses jquery to submit to a struts2 action, the action is being
invoked properly and I am trying to send result back to call back
function, but when result returns the browser prompts me to save or
open the result file.  I expeced the result to be sent to my call back
function, which appears to not be invoked.

I am using Stuts 2.1.8.1

What am I doing wrong?

My form is submitted as such:
 function submit(){

        $.ajax({
                type    : "POST",
                cache   : false,
                url             : "./myaction.do",
                data    : $(this).serialize(),
                success: function(json) {
                        $("#result").html(json);
                }
        });

        return false;
            }

My action is configured in the struts.xml:

        <package name="mypkg" namespace="/def" extends="json-default">
          <action name="addNote" class="..myClass" method="addData">
            <result type="json">
                <param name="root">jsonData</param>
            </result>
          </action>
        </package>

In the action/method I have a hashmap that I am putting result into:

Map<String, String> jsonData= new HashMap<String,String>();
jsonData.put("result", "success");

Any reply appreciated. Thanks in advance!