From: RogerV [mailto:roger.var...@googlemail.com]
Sent: 14 June 2010 08:53
To: user@struts.apache.org
Subject: Struts 2 & Browser Caching

Hi

While building the functionality of my web-app served up by Apache
Tomcat, I
use

in all my pages to ensure that requests to the pages with dynamic
content
(most of them) actually reload from the server rather than from the
browser
cache or any intermediate proxy server caches. Now I'm trying to add the
"eye-candy" and find that as well as going back to the server for data
(good), my browser (Firefox) is reloading all the images, css, js etc
from
the server every time as well(bad) and slowing things down (very bad).

I'd be grateful for any hint/suggestions as to how to force the dynamic
part
of the page to go back to the server but allow the browser to cache the
constant data (images, css etc)? Would running Tomcat behind a
web-server to
load the static data help, or am I pretty much stuffed using the meta
tags?

Regards