On 6/25/10 2:36 PM, hisameer wrote:
I have to implement a logic so that when the server starts I can
execute some database scripts using my DAO service layer.

implement a ServletContextListener that includes the method contextInitialized(ServletContextEvent event).

You should be able to get access to your business logic objects using getBean() method on the ApplicationContext. Those business logic beans should have references to your DAO layer. It's inadvisable for web layer code to directly access your DAOs.

ServletContext context = event.getServletContext();
ApplicationContext ctx = WebApplicationContextUtils.getRequiredWebApplicationContext(context);
bean = (BeanClass)ctx.getBean(beanName);

-Dale