Hi all,

Disclosure: I am not a recruiter, but looking to increase a
development team that I lead.  I sincerely apologize if this message
is against mailing list etiquette; I have not seen any guidelines
forbidding this.

We are looking to expand the development team based in Copenhagen,
Denmark.  We run and operate an indexing system that provides access
to biodiversity information, and specifically 100s millions of point
based observations of species occurrence documented in the past
century.  Our live system is outgrowing a MySQL database, and runs
using Spring and SpringMVC.  Over the next 16 months we will rework
the whole system, including custom reporting, custom maps and other
visualizations, real time search indexes, reducing latency, quality
control integration, custom vocabulary work etc.  We have recently
been developing using Struts2, and will be reworking our Portal
backend (PostGIS, Hadoop, Hive, HBase) and the front end with Struts2.
 If you are familiar with these technologies, and the thought of some
time working in Europe appeals to you, then we'd love to hear from
you.

Guidelines for applications are on the advert: http://tinyurl.com/gbif-dev-job
(GBIF is a multi-government initiative hosted in Denmark and as such
has certain visa privileges easing international recruitment)

Thanks,
Tim