Greetings,

I'm using Struts2.2.1 and have a form using the xhtml theme which performs some
simple javascript validation (required, etc...).
Works great.
Now, after the simple javascript validation executes I would like to add some
more validation to the onsubmit event.
Apart from modifying a template, I couldn't see how this could be achieved
easily.
If you include the validation in the form onsubmit attribute, it is prepended
to the dynamically generated javascript validation function name.

For example:
<s:form action="MyAction" namespace="/mynamespace" theme="xhtml"
validate="true" onsubmit="return myValidation()">

produces the following markup.

<form id="Myaction"
         name="MyAction"
         onsubmit="return myValidation(); return validateForm_MyAction();"
         action="/scname/mynamespace/MyAction.html" method="post"
         onreset="clearErrorMessages(this);clearErrorLabels(this);">

As is evident, this won't work for me.

I want to leverage the dynamically generated Javascript validation when
validate="true". If that validation succeeds, then I want to execute some
proprietary validation.

I also know the name of the dynamically generated javascript method so I could
call it in myValidation();

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

/robert