I wrote:

> Apologies for being late to the party, but this smells like a
> browser/proxy
> cache issue to me?

and then

mgainty wrote:

> i agree with andy
>
> do a view source and tracert on all urls
>
> i it is possible you'll see there is a man-in-the middle proxy altering
> the response

I'd just to like to note that I don't share Martin's paranoia. It's just
that I know that when I alter static stylesheets in my
applications/websites, I often have to force the browsers to refresh them.
Pulling them with curl/wget always supplies the correct, current version as
in the OP's case but the browser ignores changes because they don't seem to
expect changes in style sheets.

I don't know off the top of my head if there is a cache pragma that can be
stuck into the stylesheet response or tag to prevent such problems, nor have
I ever gone hunting for one as this is a minor inconvenience that I
generally only suffer during development/debugging sessions.

Later,

Andy