Dude, I can't sit quietly any longer!  How you connect to a database has
NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with the Struts/2 Framework.  I would advise you to
keep the two separated in your mind.  Much like you wouldn't look to a
Database connection to serve a web page, neither should you look to Struts/2
as a Database connection.