Hi Francesco,
Cool, I've just created SYNCOPE-971.
> the problem is that, as far as I can tell, such clauses are DBMS-dependent.
We can solve it using jpql LOWER ou UPPER function, i.e.
LOWER(givenName) = LOWER('Martin')

I can try to implement it, but I don't know for now if it is possible to
introduce either : * custom operator in FIQL (i.e. some eqi operator like :
givenName eqi Martin) * introduce custom functions in FIQL (i.e. uc(givenName)
== uc(Martin))
Cheers,Adrian

      De : Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
 À : user@syncope.apache.org
 Envoyé le : Lundi 21 novembre 2016 13h25
 Objet : Re: User case insensitive search

 On 21/11/2016 12:59, Adrian Gonzalez wrote:

  Hello,
  I'd like to execute a case insensitive search in Syncope.
  i.e. querying all users with an attribute givenName that matches  'martin'
would return : Martin martin mArtin
  Is there a way to do this with a Fiql search ? i.e. something like
UPPER(givenName) = UPPER('martin') ?
  If no are there other ways to do this ? If no, I can always store givenName
attribute in 2 different attributes (i.e. the real givenName attribute and a
givenNameCaseInsensitive attribute to store it in lowercase), but I would like
to avoid it if possible.

 Hi Adrian,
 I confirm that currently it is *not* possible to perform case insensitive
searches.

 Nevertheless, it would be a nice feature to add: essentially, one should be
adding 'lowercase()' clauses to the native SQL queries manage by [1]: the
problem is that, as far as I can tell, such clauses are DBMS-dependent.

 Would you mind creating an improvement on JIRA for this?
 Naturally, contributions are welcome ;-)

 Regards.

[1]https://github.com/apache/syncope/blob/2_0_X/core/persistence-jpa/src/main/java/org/apache/syncope/core/persistence/jpa/dao/JPAAnySearchDAO.java
 --
Francesco Chicchiriccò