On 2017-01-12 14:50 (+0100), Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
wrote:
> On 12/01/2017 14:27, Tech wrote:
> >
> > Dear experts,
> >
> > We added the date as custom field, we added it to the BaseUser class
> > and after we added to the USER schema.
> >
> > During the self registration we are able to display the field, that is
> > correctly displayed as Date (we can also see the calendar button).
> >
> > We can complete the registration procedure, but the information is not
> > stored into the Database.
> >
> > We modified the Conversion-Pattern using yyyy-MM-dd, but this changes
> > only the way the data is displayed in the interface, but we can't
> > still store the information into the database.
> >

> Hi,
> it seems you've spotted a bug in the Enduser UI; I have just performed
> the following steps:
>
> 1. from Admin UI, create new Date schema with conversion pattern
> 'yyyy-MM-dd' and added to the base type for USER
> 2. perform self-registration via Enduser UI, provided a value for the
> new Date attribute
> 3. open the new user from Admin UI, no value found for the new Date
> attribute
>
> So, the bug is confirmed.
>
> Moreover, I also did:
>
> 4. from Admin UI, set a value for the new Date attribute on the new user
> 5. log into the Enduser UI as the new user, see the value set from Admin
> UI, then update the Date schema with a new value
> 6. from Admin UI, see the new value as provided via Enduser UI
>
> Hence the bug seems to occur only during self-registration.
>
> Would you mind opening an issue
> on
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SYNCOPE/
>
> ?

Hi,
I have just committed a fix for SYNCOPE-992 (the issue you've opened as request
above, thx).

Such fix will be available with release of Apache Syncope 2.0.2; should you
want to backport the fix on your local project, you will have to

1. create the directory

enduser/src/main/java/org/apache/syncope/client/enduser/resources/

the download the class

https://github.com/apache/syncope/blob/eded0eb3af5b96b513d934f19509bdf4b06e9df0/client/enduser/src/main/java/org/apache/syncope/client/enduser/resources/UserSelfCreateResource.java

in the new created directory

2. replace the file content of

enduser/src/main/webapp/app/js/directives/dynamicPlainAttribute.js

with the content from

https://github.com/apache/syncope/blob/eded0eb3af5b96b513d934f19509bdf4b06e9df0/client/enduser/src/main/resources/META-INF/resources/app/js/directives/dynamicPlainAttribute.js

Afterwards, naturally, you'll have to rebuild & redeploy.

Regards.