Hi,

We have the following scenario: we have some users that are not as per see
associated with our organization. They are called UFO-members. Now, we create
these through an manual process that I will now try to implement in Syncope
too. It has been outside everything so far.

When we create these users through the syncope console, I have noticed that we
get the key for the recently created user through the logic actions. The thing
now is, that the users using syncope and the console will be pretty lazy and
would like to have the username created automatically according to the same
automated standard as the rest via the firstname + lastname combination

You can set the username via the console and Syncope will report if the
username is already in use. I’d like to automate this and check for myself in
the background if the current username is in use and within the repository. If
found, we will try another iterated combination.  We do the same when we pull
users from external resources.

Now, within the logic action I have the possibility to search via the key for
the UserTO object though UserDAO. But, if I call for UserDAO.findByUsername() ,
I get that “EntityManager not found for the Master domain”. I guess it is not
available within the scope and thus when a combination of a username is
created, I do not get to check the validity for the new combination for the
username itself.

This is the first time I encountered this problem and I wonder if you there
have a quick answer regarding how to search for a specific username and not the
key during a logic action?

Regards,

      Mikael