I think that swagger is the best choice to find out the correct JSON request body.

For example, to make user self operations, use [1]. Click on your preferred operation (UserSelf) and then click on top right "Try it out" button. You'll find some sample well-formed JSON values. You should send  the JSON suggested for each request.

Best regards,
Andrea

[1] http://syncope-vm.apache.org:9080/syncope/swagger/