Hi indhupriya,

In order to prevent uncontrolled "Task" size increment you should properly set the trace level of the resource, for propagation and pull operations.

You can do this in console by editing the resource (click on resource and the on "Edit resource") and moving trace level from ALL to another value among:
- NONE: no tasks are stored.
- SUMMARY: only a small recap of the whole execution is stored for each task.
- FAILURES: only failed tasks are stored.

You can also do this by updating resource information through Syncope endpoint:

http://[host]:[port]/syncope/rest/resources

Moreover also notification tasks have a specific trace level and contribute to fill "Task" table. You can setup trace level also for them.

In order to solve your current problems you should clean your "Task" table; the drawback is that you'll loose information about propagation/pull tasks run on the resource.

HTH,
Andrea