For the most part, yes - the compile should likely work given that the CDH
release is based off Apache Hadoop 2.3.

To build Tez, you will need to add the CDH maven repo to the pom.xml at the
top-level. Modify hadoop.version to "2.3.0-cdh5.1.0” or something similar based
on your requirements.

And then run "mvn package -P\!hadoop24 -P\!hadoop26" so that you disable all
the features/modules that need a minimum of hadoop-2.4 and hadoop-2.6
respectively.

Let us know if you run into any problems.

thanks
— Hitesh